From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-07-02 18:24:09

On 7/2/19 3:36 AM, degski via Boost wrote:

Honestly there isn't enough data in the complain to be able to offer
much help.

> But, as a fix/work-around, what about de-serializing [the data you have]
> with 1.47 and re-serializing with 1.70?

this is quite interesting when one thinks about it. I've often
considered suggesting when people have problems but it has never come to
that. But thinking about I wonder:

I make a small program which

a) deserializes a archive to memory using code from 1.47
b) serializes to a new archive using code from 1.70.

Sound good. But ...

When I build/link this code to two different libraries I would expect
some conflicts to arise. Working around this has some possibilities
(eg. using separatly loaded DLLS) but it seems that they would be quite
complicated in practice.