From: pbristow_at_[hidden]
Date: 2019-07-04 08:37:42

-----Original Message-----
From: Boost <boost-bounces_at_[hidden]> On Behalf Of Gavin Lambert via Boost
Sent: 4 July 2019 01:34
To: boost_at_[hidden]
Cc: Gavin Lambert <boost_at_[hidden]>
Subject: Re: [boost] Link problem with graph and pending still appears
unresolved?

On 4/07/2019 07:35, Andrey Semashev wrote:
> On 7/3/19 6:48 PM, James E. King III wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 3, 2019 at 11:26 AM Andrey Semashev wrote:
>>>
>>> Doesn't the disjoint_sets git submodule need to be removed from the
>>> superproject?
>>
>> It was removed from develop in
>> https://github.com/boostorg/boost/pull/283
>
> Strangely enough, it is still present in my .git/config, even after
> `git pull` and `git submodule update` in the Boost root.

>What exists in your config file is as a result of the submodule init commands,
and does not get cleared because upstream removed the submodule.

>The thing to check whether upstream still wants the submodule to exist or not
is the contents of the .gitmodules file.

>Once you have confirmed that the module is no longer listed in .gitmodules,
run:

    git submodule deinit module-name

>to remove it from your .git/config. This also deletes the directory on disk,
AFAIK (although I've never actually used this command myself, so YMMV).

> (As a side note, you can deinit [and then later re-init] submodules which are
still listed in .gitmodules as well if you like, if you just don't want to have
a copy of them checked out. This is not considered >a change that will push
upstream. Of course, if the root build scripts or other dependencies still want
them to exist, then you won't actually be able to build in that state.)

I have no mention of disjoint in .gitmodules, (so the remote Boost repos has
disjoint_sets removed as noted above.

>> It was removed from develop in
>> https://github.com/boostorg/boost/pull/283

 but I DO still have a folder I:\boost\.git\modules\disjoint_sets

so are you suggesting

   git submodule deinit disjoint_sets

from the /boost folder?

Followed by a 'normal' pull update

> git checkout develop
> git pull --recurse-submodules
> git submodule update --init

Just checking before I screw up git, again...

Paul