From: Marc Glisse (marc.glisse_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-07-28 09:06:00

On Sun, 28 Jul 2019, Paul A Bristow via Boost wrote:

> Because we have a massive Continuous Integration system with many compilers and
> platform that picks up changes to source files, *any* change to source, test or
> documentation files is like to trigger a massive recompilation and rebuild and
> retest and redocumentation.
>
> That will cause a load of machine time (already insufficient)..

It appears that continuous integration in boost is a failure. CI is
supposed to make it easier to make changes (it checks that your
modifications don't break stuff). However, it seems that it is actually
preventing people from touching anything.

Not quite trolling, this seems like an argument to disable CI (or at least
change its configuration significantly), not to avoid making the source
changes.

(for the debian boost packages, I was hoping that the election of a new
DPL would help relax the requirements a bit...)

--
Marc Glisse