From: Howard Hinnant (howard.hinnant_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-08-12 12:53:59

There is truth to this rationale, but I also wanted to point out that it is not absolute. The C++20 additions to chrono were prototyped external to a C++14 chrono implementation:

    https://github.com/HowardHinnant/date

This included new “predefined” duration types, time_point aliases, duration and time_point I/O, new clocks, calendrical functionality and time zone functionality.

Not providing a boost implementation does not preclude enhancing a std::lib. But it can certainly help in changing existing signatures, such as adding conditional noexcept in a ton of places.

Howard