From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-08-19 15:45:23

On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 2:57 AM Hans Dembinski via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I fully support Paul's initiative to fix the copyright issues for the next
> release.
>
> > On 18. Aug 2019, at 18:54, Paul A Bristow via Boost <
> boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >
> > 1 A boost/tools/inspect/develop branch to refine the inspect program a
> little and improve the documentation (I have done something on this already
> for my education and use).
>
> I think this program should be rewritten in Python which would simplify
> maintaining and using it (no compilation needed, simpler code, Python's
> string processing is fast enough).
>
> - To give the inspection report more visibility, there should be an entry
> in the menu of www.boost.org. Under "Development" we currently have
> "Master Summary" and "Master Issues". There should also be "Master
> Inspection Report". And vice versa for "Development *".

It would be fantastic to see a PR for the existing library check Python
program <
https://github.com/boostorg/boost/blob/develop/status/boost_check_library.py>.
as that would achieve the goal of providing continuous visibility on a per
branch and per library basis as you suggest.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything