From: Alexander Grund (alexander.grund_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-08-21 07:43:45

Am 21.08.19 um 09:32 schrieb Paul A Bristow via Boost:
> Won't requiring Python put off some library authors from applying a run the inspect program to their own code?
>
> (Having the Python program will be valuable for providing an externally visible and usable list).
I rather see it the other way round: Using and maintaining the Python
program will be much easier and faster: Just run it, done. Most devs are
likely using Linux anway where Python is preinstalled. Better than
having to compile something first, probably need to change it due to
false positives and compile again. Then compile own code etc.
> Waiting for the CI system to catch up with that is intolerably slow.
+1 The static checker which can be run without any setup locally would
therefore be a huge bonus.