From: Hans Dembinski (hans.dembinski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-08-21 08:46:57

> On 21. Aug 2019, at 10:25, Mike via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> What is the minimum Python version that has to be supported? Python 2.7?
>
> Python 2 is almost EOL. As this is a dev-tool primarily targeted at library developers,
> there should be no reason to maintain Python 2 support. Python 3 is even older than
> c++11 which is IIRC required by b2.

I agree with you, but boost_check_library.py has to work on all the machines which run the Boost Test matrix, therefore the script has to be compatible with the Python versions on these machines. If all of them have Python3 already, great.

I am mainly asking because I would like to replace optparse with argparse, which first appeared in Python2.7.