From: JH (jupiter.hce_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-08-21 23:05:53

Hi,

I am currently running boost::asio::deadline_timer to transmit data
every minute, the requirement needs the interval accurate, if the
first data sending at 10:00:05, the next needs be 10:01:05 and so on,
but my data sending time shifting every 2 seconds I need to fix it. I
am not sure if the boost high precision timer can fix it, it seems to
me like a realtime requirement. My whole application is based on
boost::asio::io_service in a single thread on Linux embedded system,
can the boost high precision timer fix the problem or will the the
boost multithreading fix the problem or there might be no chance to
match the requirement simply because Linux is not a realtime OS?
Appreciate your insight advice.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

- jupiter