From: John Maddock (jz.maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-08-22 08:47:12

On 22/08/2019 04:52, degski via Boost wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Aug 2019 at 17:22, Paul A Bristow via Boost <
> boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> PS I'm willing to accept that Python is a low bar (though it is yet
>> another widget to install for Microsoftys). But it's got to work 😉
>>
> The python installation process is at least a lot easier than to install
> Boost, and it [the installer] does what we dummies softies are used to:
> download, run installer, click yes until it stops nagging and then wait. We
> softies handle that relatively well, as that's the process with all [the
> majority at least] installs. We are blissfully unaware of dependencies or
> crt's, though. Ah wait, that [to have awareness] is not necessary by
> design. Ah well.

True, but you're going to need (most of) boost anyway.

I've just put up a circle-ci job for Boost.Config that runs the current
inspect program over the library.  It also re-builds the docs first, so
I get a check that documentation change PR's will a) build and b) won't
cause inspect regressions.

It runs really quick too - total time including downloading
prerequisites is about 5 minutes.

See https://circleci.com/gh/boostorg/config/12

And the yml is here:
https://github.com/boostorg/config/blob/develop/.circleci/config.yml

Of course if the python version is in some way better, I'll happily just
switch over.

John.

---