From: Hans Dembinski (hans.dembinski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-09-09 07:43:09

> On 5. Sep 2019, at 17:52, Bjorn Reese via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> I am working on a circular queue library that contains a non-owning
> circular span, a fixed-sized circular array, and a dynamically
> resizable circular vector.

It looks like circular span can adapt any suitable STL container into a circular one. In fact, circular array and vector are implemented by inheriting privately from std::array and circular::span, which is nice. However, wouldn't it be more general to provide a circular_adaptor, which works with any vector or array, and perhaps even any STL container? Perhaps someone wants a circular set?

> Would you be interested in adding such a library to Boost?
>
> The design is inspired by Boost.CircularBuffer, std::span, and P0059R4 std::experimental::ring_span.
>
> The code can be found at:
>
> https://github.com/breese/trial.circular
>
> The documentation can be found at:
>
> https://github.com/breese/trial.circular/tree/develop/doc

This is the source, the renderable documentation is here:

https://github.com/breese/trial.circular/blob/develop/doc/circular.adoc

The rationale is short, I would like to know why I should use this instead of boost.circular_buffer.