From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-09-23 15:38:41

On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 7:51 AM JF via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I know that it is not standard JSON, but do you plan to support comments
> (// ..., /* ... */)? It would be useful for storing configuration

I used the same approach with the JSON parser that I used with Beast's
HTTP parser. That is, a strict parser which strives to adhere to the
letter of the spec. This does favor the use-case for networking
purposes (since parser inputs are often from untrusted sources) and
disadvantage the configuration file case. However, there are already
lots of nice libraries (including JSON) for processing configuration
files, but no JSON libraries that are specifically tuned for
networking (allocator and incremental parsing features). So comments
are not supported, and I wasn't thinking about adding them. Although
alternate parser implementations could be something I explore in the
future.