From: Mike (mike.dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-09-27 09:05:35

> Gesendet: Freitag, 27. September 2019 um 02:06 Uhr
> Von: "Hans Dembinski via Boost" <boost_at_[hidden]>
>

> Any advice on how to handle this? My feeling is that a copyright notice
> without a real name is illegal.

Pretty sure that is not the case - at least not in the U.S.

"Do I have to use my real name on the form? Can I use a stage name or a pen name?

There is no legal requirement that the author be identified by his or her real name on the application form. For further information, see FL 101, Pseudonyms. If filing under a fictitious name, check the “Pseudonymous” box when giving information about the authors."

https://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-register.html
https://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl101.pdf
https://law.stackexchange.com/questions/10910/how-to-express-copyright-when-you-use-a-pen-name

Of course that doesn't invalidate the other concerns mentioned by Josh and Mateusz.

Imho, at least the legal side should/could be clarified by boost steering / legal.

Best

Mike