From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-10-30 12:58:47

On Sat, 26 Oct 2019 at 03:11, Zach Laine via Boost-users <
boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> About 14 months ago I posted the same thing. There was significant work
> that needed to be done to Boost.Text (the proposed library), and I was a
> bit burned out.
>
> Now I've managed to make the necessary changes, and I feel the library is
> ready for review, if there is interest.
>
> This library, in part, is something I want to standardize.
>
> It started as a better string library for namespace "std2", with minimal
> Unicode support. Though "std2" will almost certainly never happen now,
> those string types are still in there, and the library has grown to also
> include all the Unicode features most users will ever need.
>
> Github: https://github.com/tzlaine/text
> Online docs: https://tzlaine.github.io/text
>
> If you care about portable Unicode support, or even addressing the
> embarrassment of being the only major production language with next to no
> Unicode support, please have a look and provide feedback.
>
> I gave a talk about this at C++Now in May 2018, and now it's a bit out of
> date, as the library was not then finished. It's three hours, so, y'know,
> maybe skip it. For completeness' sake:
>

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=944GjKxwMBo&index=7&list=PL_AKIMJc4roVSbTTfHReQTl1dc9ms0lWH
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ2xMAqCZL8&list=PL_AKIMJc4roVSbTTfHReQTl1dc9ms0lWH&index=8
>
> Zach

(as a power user)
I would be interested to have such library in Boost and already had plan to
try Boost.Text in my next C++ project with text.

I am following the discussions happening in SG16 and understand that there
are some differences with the parts that will be proposed for
standardisation (as ThePHD explains in his talk).
Though honestly both approaches seems to solve my problems so I'm open to
trying both. If boost.text is stable today, I'm happy to use it (at least
to replace ICU and have a proper unicode text type).

A. Joël Lamotte