From: pbristow_at_[hidden]
Date: 2019-11-05 16:03:43

Boost.Test
> breaks fiber/math tests

I've finally found this exchange explaining the behaviour.

http://boost.2283326.n4.nabble.com/test-Problem-with-BOOST-TEST-MESSAGE-td467539
8.html

I think it is very counter-intuitive that messages only emerge to the normal
output if there is an error or --log_level="message"

And that

   #define BOOST_TEST_LOG_LEVEL "message"

 does not appear to have the same effect as --log_level="message"

which is also surprising, and in my book a buglet?

I suggest that this behaviour should be changed so that BOOST_TEST_MESSAGE
*always* produces output.

BOOST_AUTO_TEST_CASE(test_message)
{
   BOOST_TEST_MESSAGE("\nTest BOOST_TEST_MESSAGE.\n");
} // BOOST_AUTO_TEST_CASE(test_message)

boost_test_message_test.vcxproj ->
I:\Cpp\math\x64\Release\boost_test_message_test.exe

should output

Running 1 test case...

Test BOOST_TEST_MESSAGE.

*** No errors detected

Otherwise I am sure I will not be the only person confused.

At the very least the documentation should highlight that ones expectation may
not match what actually happens.

Paul