From: Artyom Beilis (artyom.beilis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-11-30 14:21:17

The nowide library was reviewed and accepted into Boost almost 3 years ago.

I implemented most of fixes required under Review Fixed branch

https://github.com/artyom-beilis/nowide/tree/reviewfixes

Unfortunately I don't have any capacity to do maintenance for it on
all various platforms: MSVC, mingw. cygwin etc mostly because
virtually I don't develop on Windows and any time I need to go there I
need to figure it out from the beginning (installations, environment,
msvc) and I don't even have windows machine in my hands (all done in
VM)

I realized that I'm not windows developer any more and it would be
impossible for me to complete the mission of maintaining the code
mostly due to personal reasons and lack of development resources.

I deeply regret wasting the time and effort of so many boost
developers who invested to review. I understand that it is highly
desired library but I just can get the job done

I seek for your advice. Do I need to seek for an another maintainer or
withdraw the library entirely?

Once again sorry for disappointing the community and people who were
invested in this library.

Artyom Beilis