From: Frédéric (ufospoke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-11-30 20:43:13

Hi Artyom,

Thanks for coming back on this topic. I am still convinced that your
library is the best way to go and I continue to use it.

> Unfortunately I don't have any capacity to do maintenance for it on
> all various platforms: MSVC, mingw. cygwin etc

When I submitted my additions to the type traits library, I relied on
others for the tests on Windows and MSVC because I, also, am not a
Windows programmer.
I tested only gcc and intel compilers at that time. I guess that now,
I would also test clang.

For mingw and cygwin, I could probably help.

> I seek for your advice. Do I need to seek for another maintainer or
> withdraw the library entirely?

It would be too bad to withdraw the library.

What is the status of the library? Could you comment review_notes.txt
on what is done, what is not?
It seems to me that the doc has not been updated yet? For example, I
do not see references to 0xFFFD as replacement character.

Is it already fully functional on linux with gcc and clang? Do you
have full tests available? If so, we can first run the tests on
Windows and see what happens.
There should be a way to run the tests automatically. Someone from the
list can probably help us.

By the way, I noticed something strange: you say that you do not
develop in Windows but 3 files have Windows line endings:
- include/boost/nowide/utf8_codecvt.hpp
- test/test_codecvt.cpp
- test/test_fs.cpp

Regards,