From: Peter Bartlett (pete_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-12-09 15:29:15

-----Original Message-----
From: Boost <boost-bounces_at_[hidden]> On Behalf Of Vinnie Falco via
Boost

On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 3:07 AM Paul A Bristow via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> (The would-be author might like to look at Boost.Math (and even at
>> Boost.Multiprecision) because there must be some overlap and
>> gratuitous differences/ incompatibilities should be avoided?

>Phew...Boost.Math is pretty big! Which algorithms or types from these
libraries did you have in mind?

I can special polynomials such as Chebyshev or Legendre and special
functions such as Bessel coming up. But these aren't really
algorithms/filters in the signal processing sense - they are building blocks
on which such algorithms are built. More than being a "problem" of overlap,
I can imagine Boost.Math being a very hand leg-up to the author of this
proposed library.

There is an explicit example in your link actually - it offers a Chebyshev
filter. This is not offered by the Boost.Math library. However it can be
implemented in terms of the Chebyshev polynomials which *are* offered by
Boost.Math.

Hth,
Pete