From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-12-16 16:10:06

> Niall Douglas wrote:
>> What we could decide to do instead is:
>>
>> #if defined(PHOENIX_LIMIT) && !defined(BOOST_PHOENIX_LIMIT)
>> #error In Boost 1.xx PHOENIX_LIMIT was renamed to BOOST_PHOENIX_LIMIT.
>> Please upgrade your code to reflect the new name.
>> #endif
>
> If we do this, instead of #error, we should probably use
>
> BOOST_PRAGMA_MESSAGE("...")
> #define BOOST_PHOENIX_LIMIT PHOENIX_LIMIT
>
> This will allow us to fix the uses of PHOENIX_LIMIT within Boost without
> breaking user code.

I've never understood your reluctance Peter to break the build of end
users where the change is (a) good for them and (b) find and replace in
files solvable within 60 seconds. I don't get the need to be
conservative on these sorts of build breaks.

The only way that such conservatism makes sense is if there is a
unrecompilable binary blob somewhere in this. Then I'd get it. But with
anything using Boost, that can't be the case. So I don't get it.

Niall