From: Alexander Grund (alexander.grund_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-12-17 07:39:33

> You can eventually put in a common header included by all library XXX
> headers:
>
> #if defined(XXX_SOMEMACRO)
> #error the correct definition for XXX_SOMEMACRO is now
> BOOST_XXX_SOMEMACRO. Please make the change in your source code.
> #endif
>
> I understand that this may be annoying, but I think it is eventually
> worth it.

> So, to answer your question, you detect the old setting where the new
> setting is not applied, and give a useful error (my preference) or
> warning (Peter's preference).

So you want to forbid using e.g. PHOENIX_LIMIT for everyone using
Boost.Phoenix? What about in 2 releases after that change someone new
comes in and uses the new Boost (the first he has ever used) together
with some libPhoenix he wrote and (appropriately) uses PHOENIX_LIMIT as
the same for his macros?
So what is gained?