From: Christopher Kormanyos (e_float_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-01-10 18:44:26

>> I still would like to know the opinion of the community before including>> this library in this GSoC.
Seems like a good ide3a.

> If there are no formal obstacles, I don't see any problem in GSoC-ing it
> if it helps to push its development forward. Especially, seeing your
> dedication to keep the development active.

> Please, don't get discouraged.

I agree. GSoC-ing the project will only take a few minutesand it might potentially benefit both the Boost GSoC 2020application as well as the value and visibility of your lib.
As for not getting dicouraged, I can confirm the meritof that. Some of our GSoC 2013 work just made it fully
into Boost.Math recently. After our preliminary work,it took the expertise of other Boost experts and a bitof time to fully "ripen" the software and get into the flow.
It was very rewarding and I was thankful to the helpof the Bost experts who ultimately pushed that workinto shape for Boost. You might obtain similar long-termsuccess with your lib.
Kind regards, Chris

    On Friday, January 10, 2020, 3:57:28 PM GMT+1, Mateusz Loskot via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

 On Fri, 10 Jan 2020 at 13:50, Pranam Lashkari via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Earlier I was thinking of resting astronomy library for this GSoC and bring
> it to its first formal review after some development on my own cause it has
> been part of GSoC for 2 years now and still not reached to its first review
> and there are still many pending things before its first review.

You may appreciate that, for some libraries, two years is/was not long enough
to release with Boost after the review and acceptance.

> Since last month, I have started receiving many requests and ideas from the
> students about this library and many students are taking initiative and
> this may speed up the process of development.
>
> I still would like to know the opinion of the community before including
> this library in this GSoC.

Although I'm neither current nor prospect user of Boost.Astronomy
- I just have been observing its activity on Gitter during the GSoC 2019 -
I think it's interesting and quite a unique library with potential to
attract users and contributors.

If there are no formal obstacles, I don't see any problem in GSoC-ing it
if it helps to push its development forward. Especially, seeing your
dedication to keep the development active.

Please, don't get discouraged.

Best regards,