From: pbristow_at_[hidden]
Date: 2020-01-20 10:13:15

I concur with this assessment.

I suspect that you presume that construction is expensive, when it is really very cheap, only carrying out some quick sanity checks, and a few assignments.

You need to be quite certain that these handful of instructions are on your critical path before doing something that will expose you to risks from passing a bad parameter.

Paul A. Bristow

PS Reminder, it you don't put your stuff inside try'n'catch blocks, you won't get any error messages helping you see what went wrong 😊

But of course that will slow things down a bit. But useful to have the checks until you are certain that your code is correct?