From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-03-09 12:18:37

On Sun, 8 Mar 2020 at 17:59, Gavin Lambert via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> On 7/03/2020 07:14, Vinnie Falco wrote:
> > In other words, the same type of shitty C API found in ZLib - no thanks.
>
> There's a reason general-use libraries end up gravitating towards shitty
> C APIs -- because C++ has a much more shitty ABI, making the C API the
> only one that can actually be consumed cross-compiler and
> cross-language-binding.

Thanks for confirming I'm not alone thinking the above. I would like to add
that imo, there is nothing shitty about a c-api, it is a different language
all-together, the fact that it is different doesn't make it shitty. It's
clear, simple and without surprises (cross platform/std/compiler), what's
not to love?

Dismissing things like zlib (here on the list) or re-writing half of
OpenSSL in c++ (also under consideration), is utter madness and shows
little appreciation of the age of those libs and the breadth of their
adoption/use.

degski

--
@systemdeg
"We value your privacy, click here!" Sod off! - degski