From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-03-22 23:17:29

Hi,

I'd like to draw attention to Boost.Parameter state. Since 1.71, it
seems to be broken as described in these issues:

https://github.com/boostorg/parameter/issues/91
https://github.com/boostorg/parameter/issues/97

The latter one was actually reported to me in Boost.Log, as this
Boost.Parameter bug affected its users in a rather nasty way (the user's
code silently compiles and has the wrong effect). For the latter issue I
created a PR with a fix:

https://github.com/boostorg/parameter/pull/99

which got no reply so far. The person who assumed Boost.Parameter
maintenance and made the problematic changes, Cromwell D. Enage, is not
responding, so the library is basically broken and unmaintained.

I really don't want 1.73 to be released with a bug like the one affected
Boost.Log, so I would appreciate if someone with merge permissions could
merge my PR. If not, I will be forced to fork the library internally in
Boost.Log for 1.73 (which I also really don't want to do). This would
take care of my immediate concern.

The other issue seems to be affecting users as well and I don't have the
solution for it. Given that the library is unmaintained, it might be
better to:

1. Move the current state of develop to a separate branch.
2. Revert master and develop to a state prior to Cromwell's commits that
went into 1.71 (i.e. to the 1.70 state).

This should take care of the Boost.Log issue as well, so it would be
fine with me as well.

Thanks.