From: Alexander Grund (alexander.grund_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-03-26 11:32:50

> Listing any cxx_* features which are not supported by VS 2013
> should allow to filter 2013 and let the matix skip the builds.
I though about going this indirect way. But there is also libstdc++
which has the same problem until version 5.
There might be more. So I guess a macro/feature test is more appropriate.
> Currently to check the standard support we have to use several macros
> or write our own check based on compiler version. Now more libraries
> are switching to the newer standard I think a set of macros defining
> full support for a standard would be useful so an author could check
> one macro as a base requirement for a library and from that point
> enable additional features conditionally.
> So what do you think about adding e.g. BOOST_CXX11, BOOST_CXX14, etc.
> to Boost.Config?
> Or in negated form: BOOST_NO_CXX11, BOOST_CXX14, etc. which we all
> learned to love. ;)
This is probably a problem for MSVC as they (until recently) don't have
"full support" for a standard but rather some kind of floating support
for most features.