From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-03-27 22:42:37

On Fri, 27 Mar 2020 at 23:24, Mike via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > Gesendet: Freitag, 27. März 2020 um 22:52 Uhr
> > Von: "Mateusz Loskot via Boost" <boost_at_[hidden]>
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm learning about the boostorg/cmake infrastructure offered by Peter.
> >
> > I picked Boost.Array as a library with simple build setup.
> > I replaced the existing (hand-rolled?) CMakeLists.txt files
> > with the generated ones:
> >
> > b2 tools\boostdep\build
> > dist\bin\boostdep.exe --cmake array
> >
> > Then, learning form boostorg/cmake itself how to use it
> > https://github.com/boostorg/cmake/blob/develop/.travis.yml#L228
> >
> > cd BOOST_ROOT
> > mkdir __build__ && cd __build__
> > cmake -DBOOST_ENABLE_CMAKE=1 -DBoost_VERBOSE=ON
> > -DBOOST_INCLUDE_LIBRARIES=array ..
> > cmake --build .
> > ctest --output-on-failure -R boost_array
> >
> > Visual Studio solution is nicely generated, all expected .vcxproj files too,
> > but, AFAICT, neither the last two commands nor these do anything:
> >
> > cmake --build . --config Release
> > cmake --build . --config Debug
>
> BoostArray is a header only library.

I'm aware

> What is that command supposed to build?

Build all targets, in this particular case, the tests.

Well, I see that I have not mentioned everything.
The generated array/CMakeLists.txt includes this

if(BUILD_TESTING AND EXISTS "${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/test/CMakeLists.txt")
  add_subdirectory(test)
endif()

and I added array/test/CMakeLists.txt based on
https://github.com/boostorg/assert/blob/develop/test/CMakeLists.txt
which seems Boost.CMake common if not canonical.

Best regards,