From: Alexander Grund (alexander.grund_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-03-30 09:15:21

> AFAIK, this is not necessary for multi-configuration generators.
> Here I used VS.
>
>> cmake --build . --config Debug
>> ctest --output-on-failure -C Debug
> Yes, I did present those, in the second part of my post
> https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2020/03/248533.php

You wrote "Interestingly, if I feed the ctest with the build
configuration, [...]"

Hence my answer for a "CMake template workflow", aka a workflow that
works everywhere independent of the generator. So no surprises and you
did seem surprised.
The initially showed commands to not set the build type at all, which is
usually wrong.  That is another issue is solved by following this
"template workflow".
I'm not even sure what `cmake --build .` is supposed to do for
multi-config generators. I'd expect it to error out.

Hope that helps,
Alex