From: Alexander Grund (alexander.grund_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-03-31 06:46:46

>> I am an automation freak. Where should it be plugged to?
>>
> Some place here.. <
> https://github.com/boostorg/release-tools/blob/develop/ci_boost_release.py#L277
> Information on the tail end of the process is here: <
> https://github.com/boostorg/wiki/wiki/Releases%3A-Preparing>

FWIW: I recently set up automated releases on Github via Github Actions
which is triggered on tags. You can do pretty much anything and then
just hand it over to the API.
I think the same is very much possible for general boost releases, so if
this is set up in the super-repo and triggered on tags it would likely
do what we want.

See
https://github.com/boostorg/nowide/blob/develop/.github/workflows/release.yml

Note how I convert the code and create documentation before tarring and
uploading. In case of Boost it would likely be a submodule update, then tar.

Regards,
Alex