From: Ruben Perez (rubenperez038_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-04-13 16:59:55

El lun., 13 abr. 2020 17:01, Paul A Bristow via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
escribió:

> 😊
>
> I hope some PostSQL (and indeed other SQL database(s)) aficionados will
> take on this (and other) task(s).
>
> Ultimately, some formal tests using Boost.Test (or similar) will be needed
> to give confidence in the portability of the infrastructure.

Agree - testing is one of the biggest differences between the MySQL library
and the Postgres proof-of-concept (and where most of my time using the
library has been to).

> Meanwhile this looks convincing (to a non-expert) - but how about experts?

I especially would like to know the opinion of those who were concerned
about the extensibility of the MySQL implementation, as showing the
viability of the interface proposed by my MySQL library was the main target
of the Postgres proof of concept.

> If you know someone (probably not on the Boost lists) who might have the
> expertise to take this on, then please forward this challenge to them.

Unfortunately I don't know anyone with a especially deep knowledge in any
of the databases. I think someone with a deeper understanding on MySQL
could be very valuable for the review process.