From: Christopher Kormanyos (e_float_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-05-23 13:13:33

> general feelings about Boost perceived lack> of modernization
> ... proposal for an epoch-based organization> of Boost libraries
I would welcome this. It does, however, sound likea reather large undertaking.
In a smaller but similar situation, I was once motivatedin my own research to identify various time epochsin C++.
Probably similar to others, I identified for my purposes:
1) Pre-C++11 (basically C++03)2) C++11 but no more.3) C++ newest
Intuitively, I think number 2 is a great first stepin moving and migrating toward moden C++.Most compilers are conformant with modernC++11 now, even embedded systems compilers.

Kind regards, Chris
    Am Samstag, 23. Mai 2020, 11:57:26 MESZ hat Joaquin M López Muñoz via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> Folgendes geschrieben:

 Hi,

Prompted by general feelings about Boost perceived lack of modernization
and internal "bloat",
and after an explicit survey on what users dislike about Boost [1], I
decided to try and write a more
or less fleshed out proposal for an epoch-based organization of Boost
libraries. I've extensively
tested and refined the proposal during discussions on Reddit and the
Boost Slack channel,
and I feel this is now ready for presentation at the mailing list:

https://github.com/joaquintides/boost_epoch/blob/master/README.md

I hope the proposal can start a productive conversation. Looking forward
to your feedback.

Best,

Joaquín M López Muñoz

[1]: https://www.reddit.com/r/cpp/comments/gfowpq/why_you_dont_use_boost/