From: Joaquin M López Muñoz (joaquinlopezmunoz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-05-24 16:44:43

El 24/05/2020 a las 16:15, Peter Dimov via Boost escribió:
> Joaquin M López Muñoz wrote:
>
>> Boost.Regex is admittedly a controversial point (as mentionedin the
>> proposal) due to
>> its superior quality to some std implementations.
>
> There's nothing controversial about it.

I meant controversial as for epoch asignment within this proposal.

> As of 2020, it should always be preferred over std::regex.

I shouldn't comment on opinions outside the scope of the proposal lest
we wander off, but obviously not everybody agrees always with this
assessment, not even within Boost:

https://github.com/boostorg/fiber/blob/df4a190f5b92ba86395cf58b1040ed295caf9fc5/src/numa/linux/topology.cpp#L11

https://github.com/boostorg/hana/blob/07b42492765f7384e053c4761f4d0eda32b75834/include/boost/hana/experimental/printable.hpp#L36

That said, I'm with you Boost.Regex is a superb library.

Joaquín M López Muñoz