From: Giovanni Mascellani (gio_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-06-24 16:31:57

Hi,

Il 18/06/20 20:21, Phil Endecott via Boost ha scritto:
> See another thread for the copyright discussion. Basically,
> if I understand correctly, Zach's code includes tables that are
> derived from Unicode data and the licence for that data requires
> a copyright attribution. The Boost licence does not require
> attribution and I support that. So if I've understood the
> situation correctly - and I am not a lawyer! - this means that
> sadly Boost must REJECT the affected code.

Are these tables the same that are embedded in Boost.Spirit headers? I
am referring to files in
libs/spirit/include/boost/spirit/home/support/char_encoding/unicode. If
those files are problematic, then probably something should be done
about Boost.Spirit as well.

Also, it seems those files are more than 10 years old now. They should
probably be updated, or, even better, not distributed at all with Boost
(and the headers should be regenerated at compile time starting from
updated Unicode description files, possibly those already available with
the operating system when it is the case).

Giovanni.

--
Giovanni Mascellani <g.mascellani_at_[hidden]>
Postdoc researcher - Université Libre de Bruxelles