From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-06-27 20:54:56

On 2020-06-27 23:18, Ville Voutilainen wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Jun 2020 at 23:06, Andrey Semashev via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> As someone who haven't attended the committee meetings personally, but
>> prepared a proposal with a representative, I can say that even obtaining
>> the results of discussion of your own proposal is difficult.
>
> That's unfortunate; you should be able to get that information from
> the representative.
> I can slap^Whelpfully guide them what their job as proposal champions
> is, if you wish.

No, I didn't mean to complain about the champion. I'm just saying that
this information should be easily accessible as an open resource, like a
bug tracker or something, rather than asking the champion or a random
committee member. And besides, Internet has better memory than most
people. :)

>> It is a very reasonable request to have a public searchable access to
>> the result of review and discussion of a given proposal, if only to be
>> able to learn from it or point to when another person comes up with a
>> similar proposal. It may be difficult to implement, but the demand is there.
>
> It's not a question of implementation difficulty, it's more a question
> of how visible the comments
> made in a discussion are. There's a difference in discussing technical
> matters with an open
> crowd, and with a less open crowd.

Well, you don't have to discuss it with the crowd. Just making the
discussion results public would be helpful already.