From: Jeff Garland (azswdude_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-06-27 23:10:33

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 1:55 PM Andrey Semashev via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> No, I didn't mean to complain about the champion. I'm just saying that
> this information should be easily accessible as an open resource, like a
> bug tracker or something, rather than asking the champion or a random
> committee member. And besides, Internet has better memory than most
> people. :)

So ISO has rules about the attribution of comments to people that we have
to follow. This is intended to allow for candid discussion amongst
participants. So there are notes and resources about discussions that are
not open to the public -- you have to have attended a meeting to get
access. Same applies to some committee mailing lists. Note that you can
attend a meeting for free and participate in the technical discussion
without 'joining the committee'. But yes, this is all the more reason for
public reviews on boost first as much as possible.

All that aside, we try to be as open as possible. As an author of a
proposal you should be getting all the feedback, hopefully from the chairs
of the groups doing the review. And we have now cleared the point where
direction votes are recorded on Github (one issue per paper).