From: Jeff Garland (azswdude_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-06-27 23:00:01

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 1:19 PM Ville Voutilainen via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Jun 2020 at 23:06, Andrey Semashev via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >
> > On 2020-06-27 20:55, Ville Voutilainen via Boost wrote:
> other
> > >
> > > Have you tried asking a committee member, or just asking on
> std-discussion?
> >
> > Asking a committee member requires personal interaction, and you have to
> > know who to ask in the first place. Personal interaction is
> > understandably a strong barrier for some.
>
> Well, for future reference, I am happy to entertain reasonable
> requests for "why was this thing accepted/rejected,
> can you outline the discussion and the arguments?".

Agree Ville. Andrey you're having a conversation with committee members
now -- although I suppose that's not obvious. Zach, Glen, Ville, J. Wakely
will pop in here as well. You know where to get a hold of me -- I'd be
happy to answer any questions I can. Of course the problem is that we all
can't possibly now track all the proposals and discussions of the
committee. And therein lies part the problem -- I'd like more of the smart
people on this list looking at stuff before the committee is spending time
on it.

Oh, and thank you for your many contributions to my library :)

Jeff