From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-06-28 05:10:53

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 4:54 PM Jeff Garland <azswdude_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> That being said, I've submitted private reviews to the author and review manager -- and yes you can do that.

Private reviews for a Boost library are entirely different than
private committee discussions for changing the C++ standard. In the
Boost case usage of the library collection is entirely opt-in. And
usage of individual libraries is similarly opt-in. A newly added Boost
library does not create additional work or obligate users.

Compare this with the standard, which is not a collection of libraries
or even a collection of code, but an ever-changing specification which
vendors must implement in order to have a conforming system. Changes
to the standard create obligations for everyone, not just vendors but
the entire C++ community at the very least because programmers will
have to learn and understand changes to the language itself in order
to understand code.

Thanks