From: Nikita Kniazev (nok.raven_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-06-28 11:29:04

> Mailing list sucks.

I agree with this. I almost never reply to the mail list because I really
have no idea how to do it without top-posting (I subscribed to daily
digests). Simply, mail lists have only a single advantage -- everyone has
an email. No code highlighting, quotes in digest are a bunch of '>' symbols
and no threading.

> We absolutely should move to a forum on boost.org for all things,
> import as much as we can from the mailing list (as far back as
> possible) into the forum, and then cease the use of the mailing list
> forever. Anyone who emails the list should get an automated reply that
> says "Please register for the wonderful forums at boost.org" etc

With something like Discourse you can still use the old and good email to
reply to posts (like on GitHub) and even to create threads (
https://meta.discourse.org/t/can-i-start-a-new-topic-by-sending-an-email-message/62975
).