From: René Ferdinand Rivera Morell (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-06-29 01:49:35

On Sun, Jun 28, 2020 at 8:26 PM Glen Fernandes via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> The concrete items mentioned that have been known to inhibit
> participation appear to be:
> - Mailing lists
> - Boost.Build
>
> Not sure what to do about the second.

It's easy.. Make it abundantly clear that a build system, *any* build
system, is expected or required for review. And one way to do that is to
*require* no build system for review. Because if your library can be
reviewed easily without a build system it means the portability of your
code is good. Anything else should be a red flag for reviewers.

PS. I'll keep living the dream when we don't distribute any build system
with our libraries. Or the alternate dream where we distribute with 5 or
more alternate build system specifications.

--
-- René Ferdinand Rivera Morell
-- Don't Assume Anything  -- No Supone Nada