From: Dominique Devienne (ddevienne_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-06-29 08:52:38

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 10:08 PM Ville Voutilainen via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> [...] I have an email system that beats the living daylights

out of any forum that has ever been suggested to me. [...]

FWIW, SQLite has moved to a forum in the past few months.

Lots of resistance of course (including mine), but like most tooling around
SQLite,
that forum was home-grown into Fossil, SQLite's also homegrown SCM / Ticket
/ Wiki / etc... system, and turns out to "not suck" :).

I've used Discourse in the past, and liked it. But Fossil-based forums
are way lighter weight, fast, and "feels" almost like a ML. Supports email
notifications so you can still lurk as with an ML, and search is based on
SQLite's own FTS of course. Anonymous posting is also possible.

Like everything SQLite, that forum is minimalist, and fast.
The main drawback may be that it's relatively new, and keeps evolving,
with SQLite using the head/master of Fossil typically. FWIW. --DD

SQLite Forum: https://sqlite.org/forum/forummain
Fossil Forum: https://fossil-scm.org/forum/forum