From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-06-29 10:22:38

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 2:16 AM Paul A Bristow via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> As one no longer in the first flush of youth (and I suspect a target of
> this barb 😉 ), I'm not sure that this is the most important issue.

My point is that the technical discussions (including the formal reviews)
on the mailing list are a wonderful resource that casual observers have no
way to see because it is locked up behind a mailing list. Boost can't
leverage these discussions by linking to them in a news feed, highlighting
popular discussions, attaching flair based on their participation, and so
on and so forth. Imagine if StackOverflow was a mailing list instead.

Yes I realize that there are mirrors but that is not even close to the same
thing. The Boost organization has no editorial control over a mirror, and
it isn't even under a domain that has brand recognition.

Regards