From: Mike (mike.dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-06-30 07:34:04

> Gesendet: Montag, 29. Juni 2020 um 19:21 Uhr
> Von: "Emil Dotchevski via Boost" <boost_at_[hidden]>
> An: "Boost" <boost_at_[hidden]>
> Cc: "Emil Dotchevski" <emildotchevski_at_[hidden]>
> Betreff: Re: [boost] Boost, not LEWG
>
> On the subject of the mailing list: because one needs to be "on" it to
> participate, that makes it a better environment to conduct Boost reviews.
> Imagine doing that in front of a stackoverflow-type audience. I'm convinced
> that this would be contrary to the stated goal to keep the quality high.

Why are people equating forums with SO? Contrary to forums, extended discussions are frowned upon on SO, and contrary to SO, forums usually don't rate posts (although some have a like button). SO is a site for Q&A, forums are centered around discussions.

As someone who didn't grow up using mailing lists, I have to say I find them (and the archive) rather uncomfortable to use, so my guess is that this is to a large degree a matter of what you are used to and how much time you spend to setup your tools (kind of VI vs a gui text editor/IDE).

Best

Mike