From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-07-03 17:09:53

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 6:55 AM Niall Douglas via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> code literally written new in the last few weeks,
> and with a major rearchitecture to boot.

There's no "major rearchitecture" in this new version of Asio, it is
just a refactoring and changing of spelling of the interfaces to
executors. They still do the same things:

* maybe track outstanding work
* hint to the context that the submitted function object
  represents a continuation of a larger I/O operation
* get the execution context from an executor
* provide a polymorphic executor type

Except that the incantations required of users is now different
(net::require and net::prefer for example, are new ways to do old
things).

It is still the same Asio under the hood. None of the fundamental
design is different, and most users won't notice these changes.

Thanks