From: Alexander Grund (alexander.grund_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-07-06 08:39:13

Am 03.07.20 um 18:45 schrieb Peter Dimov via Boost:
> 2. Update master
>
> This is supposed to get feedback from outside users who track master
> in order to not be surprised by the release, but in practice, no such
> people seem to exist, so it mostly gets feedback from Boost library
> developers who erroneously test against master.

Just as a clarification to not downplay this second step:

On my library (and I suppose others are similar, at least when using
Boost.CI) the master branch gets tested against the other libraries
master branch. So when merging to master you'll get feedback from others
with their respective master branches given their CI  is rerun (on merge
develop->master or on cron job)

That's why I find the badges for develop and master CI in the Readme
helpful and important as they also update on the "cron job" rerun on master.

I'm not sure how often the Boost "super CI" testing the whole of Boost
is run but that also has 1 configuration for master branches. So you can
check there too.