From: Alexander Grund (alexander.grund_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-07-07 15:37:03

Am 07.07.20 um 17:19 schrieb Niall Douglas via Boost:
> On 07/07/2020 16:05, Peter Dimov via Boost wrote:
>> Niall Douglas wrote:
>>
>>> We discussed whether adding an alternative naming for copy_exception()
>>> could be called a major change.
>> It is both major (API change) and potentially breaking (code that
>> already defines its own make_exception_ptr may break).

The commit in question is
https://github.com/ned14/outcome/commit/eff410f5943e5acc16ab005e128096b27021902f

 From API change view it conditionally removes a function from the
detail namespace with no effect for the upcoming release.
In the case BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS is defined it replaces an include of
"boost/exception_ptr.hpp" with a forward declaration of that class.
 From what I understood "boost/exception_ptr.hpp" cannot be included
when BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS is defined or compilation will fail.

Hence I conclude that this is a pure bugfix (things compile that did not
before) with no API or breaking change. As bugfix commits are still
allowed according to the review schedule this is fine.

Or am I missing anything?