From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-08-11 13:52:05

Hi all,

On 2020-08-11 9:41 a.m., Jeff Garland via Boost wrote:
> My compile report the RC:
>
> 1 platforms, 4 compilers, 5 c++ versions as applicable
> - All successfully compile, so pretty solid
> - gcc10.1 2a mode had 154 warnings
> - All in agreement the locale library has deprecated auto_ptr with
> copious warnings (most of the ~95 warnings on g++ compiles)
> - python auto_ptr is another source
> - this is a bit better than 1.73

Does boost have a mechanism (compilation flags, auto-defined macro,
etc.) to mask `std::auto_ptr` usage ?

Note that the situation isn't quite as simple as replacing
library-internal use of `std::auto_ptr`. For example, in case of
Boost.Python we also need to specialize templates so users can continue
using `std::auto_ptr` in their own code, unless they explicitly (using
macros) or implicitly (using modern compilers) disable such
backward-compatible support. I suppose there are other Boost libraries
in a similar situation.

Thanks,

Stefan