From: Zach Laine (whatwasthataddress_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-08-22 23:04:43

I've made all the recommended changes to Boost.Text that came up in
the review. Glen, the previous review manager, recommended a mini
review of Boost.Text once I'd made those changes.

If you'd like to manage the mini-review, please let me know.

For everyone, including potential reviewers and review managers, here
are the major changes:

* All the specific review feedback issues have been addressed.
* The string layer is now gone.
* The text layer got a major re-work. It is now a set of
template-based adaptors
(basic_text<>, vs. a text typedef. etc.), which lets everyone get what
they want. You can change the underlying storage type (including
whatever allocator you prefer), select UTF-8 or UTF-16, and change the
normalization form. Glen recommended I drop this layer, but the
library is way less useful without this stuff, and these changes
address all the concerns raised about the text layer in the review.

The updated docs can be found here:

https://tzlaine.github.io/text/doc/html/index.html

Oh yeah, and I added concept constraints to the whole library when you
build in C++20 mode.

Zach