From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-08-24 09:52:04

Mike wrote:

> Not sure to which of the two suggestions you are replying, but I really
> don't understand why it should require any work for most of boost (except
> maybe the PP library) to be consumable as a header unit.

At the moment I have no idea yet how a standard module implementation would
work in practice. Trying to use Boost with the Clang (pre-standard) module
implementation generally runs into two issues: headers that aren't
standalone, and ODR violations (usually caused by inconsistent macro
definitions).

You also need to mark headers that are included multiple times (as part of
file-based PP iteration for example) as "textual", but the standard impl
probably won't need it.

Someone needs to try it and see, I suppose.