From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-09-23 12:14:07

On Wed, Sep 23, 2020 at 4:55 AM Niall Douglas via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Me personally, if I were designing something like Boost.JSON, I'd
> implement it using a generator emitting design. I'd make the supply of
> input destructive gather buffer based

So you would implement an orange instead of an apple. Note that the
C++ ecosystem already has the flavor of orange you are describing, it
is called SimdJSON and it is quite performant. As with your approach,
it produces a read-only document. Quite different from Boost.JSON.
There's nothing wrong with implementing a library that only offers a
parser and a read-only DOM, and there are certainly use-cases for it.
Personally I would not try to compete with SimdJSON myself but perhaps
you can do better than me, especially in the area of "parallel
execution utilising superscalar CPU concurrency."

Regards