From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-09-23 18:43:58

On Wed, Sep 23, 2020 at 4:55 AM Niall Douglas via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> For the record, I've had offlist email discussions...
> where the general feeling was that there was no point in submitting a review,
> as negative review feedback would be ignored, possibly with personal retribution
> thereafter, and the library was always going to be accepted in any case.

Citing "anonymous sources with knowledge of the matter" to disparage
someone is bad enough, but then to make the unfounded allegation that
the Boost review process is rigged in advance to favor a particular
outcome is disrespectful to everyone who has invested time in the
process, including the review manager and the review wizards. As was
stated, reviews can be submitted anonymously and they will be
evaluated on their merit. Acting as a proxy for anonymous attacks on a
submitter is unprofessional and entirely inappropriate. We don't do
that here.

> ...I've known Vinnie longer than you...
> ...Vinnie's fine with you. I have noticed, from watching him...
> ...he tends to find most issue with...
> ...Vinnie particularly dislikes other people's visions...

I would appreciate it if you didn't speak for me, or pretend to think
you know what I find issues with, or what visions I like or I dislike.

You owe the list an apology.

Thanks