From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-09-24 12:08:22

On 9/24/20 2:30 PM, Paul A Bristow via Boost wrote:

> [...]

Configure checks that require source files typically do not check for
C++ version or features. For that there are already pre-defined rules in
Boost.Config.

Configure checks typically test the environment for various features,
such as available APIs, libraries, compiler capabilities, CPU features,
that sort of stuff. I don't see how JSON metadata relates to this.

To me, the existing practice (using config top level directory) seems
fine. We might as well document it.