From: Gavin Lambert (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-09-25 05:17:35

Mere moments ago, quoth I:
>> How do I tell in my jamfile when CI testing is occurring in order to
>> disable the tests for CI builds.
>
> I'm not familiar with Jamfiles (or CI, for that matter), so perhaps
> someone else should chime in at this point...
>
> ... but it does look like both Travis and Appveyor set the environment
> variable CI when building (they both set it to "true", but not with
> identical case; checking it against empty value is probably sufficient
> though), so you can possibly check that.
>
> (They also set TRAVIS or APPVEYOR respectively, if you need to
> distinguish them.)

FWIW, Boost.Gil [1] and Boost.Phoenix [2] appears to have an example of
changing compiler settings based on CI or not, which you could crib from.

Most of the other libraries appear to do it differently -- they group
the tests into different suites and their travis/appveyor files specify
particular suites to run, or they have one test "outside" suites, with
comments implying that the test matrix runs all of them but CI only runs
the ones not in suites by default (I don't know if that's an accurate
statement).

[1] https://github.com/boostorg/gil/blob/master/test/Jamfile
[2] https://github.com/boostorg/phoenix/blob/master/test/Jamfile